PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions — including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks to recruit a “Regional Auditor”, to be based in India, to monitor compliance with organizational policies and donor regulations across field operations in Africa and Asia. This role reports findings and makes recommendations to the Senior Management, prepares an annual audit plan and carries out appraisals of the effectiveness of policies and procedures by which organizational financial resources are managed. Responsibilities also include reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable local laws in multiple countries.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform audits of projects, partners and PATH Country Offices from planning through to report issuance; issue pre-audit announcement letters, gather pre-audit documentation, perform audit-specific risk assessment, develop audit program, conduct audit tests, develop draft reports, engage management in discussion of findings, and finalize report for review.
- Provide constructive suggestions relative to enhancing current procedures on the existing PATH policies and procedures to accommodate situations in the various field offices.
- Conduct Investigations: As requested by, and under the direction of the Interim Audit Coordinator and Chief of Business, Finance & Operations, perform investigations of allegations of fraud, waste, or abuse in PATH projects and offices.
- Promote and encourage a learning environment for field-based staff in a manner consistent with PATH’s values and leadership principles.
- Compliance: Support compliance reviews with respect to donor rules and regulations, both internal and with project partners. Review compliance with applicable local laws in an effort to safeguard assets of PATH. Review application of PATH policies and procedures across field operations.
- Operational Reviews: Review the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. Review application of and adherence to PATH policies and procedures across field operations.
- Client Service: Promote Internal Audit as a value add to the organization and deliver audit services that consistently improve the control environment and achieve operational excellence.
- Provide business insight and communicate all audit related issues to the Interim Audit Coordinator and Chief of Business Finance & Operations and if appropriate, the Audit Committee.
- Update the Audit Management and Compliance (AMAC) system with the audit plan and audit findings, following up with the PATH offices, projects and partners on the status of implementation of audit recommendations.
- Review pre award/ capacity assessment of sub grantees and partners.
- Orient new PATH staff and partners on the PATH internal audit department and the expectations of all staff in regards to audit and compliance.
- Share insights with PATH’s external auditors and assist in answering some of their audit queries.
- Sensitize staff in every field office on the existence and importance of the PATH’s compliance hotline.
- Perform other audit duties as required.