- In close collaboration with Regional and Country Offices; Monitoring and analysing displacement developments in the region; contributing to the formulation of relevant advocacy and policy advice
- Contributing to research on selected political and advocacy topics related to implementation of the mandates of DRC in the EAY region; drafting background papers and reports, compiling briefing material and providing analysis as needed
- Function as the regional advocacy and policy (RAP) focal point. The RAP will be the focal point in the region, ensuring productive and efficient two-way communication with the global Press and Communications Department in Copenhagen, Denmark and relevant staff in each Country Office throughout the region, among others. This entails keeping up-to-date on major DRC and DDG programs in the East Africa and Yemen region in order to identify key advocacy and policy areas that demand attention from the regional office. Furthermore, the RAP Coordinator will work closely with the SMT and CDs to ensure that senior staff and management are adequately prepared for high level meetings, media interviews, etc.
- Quality assurance. The RAP Coordinator will support the communication officer in quality assurance of products according to DRC’s brand manual in terms of layout, design and writing of various publications and visibility materials from the country offices, such as reports, educational material, banners, etc.
- Field Visits. The RAP coordinator will support the communication officer to conduct field visits to collect both written and visual documentation of DRC’s and DDG’s work in the form of photography, videos, and slideshows as well as facilitate visits from journalists with the relevant field offices when necessary.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the regional advocacy and policy strategies. The RAP coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of country and regional policy, advocacy and communication strategies.
- Representation in meetings. The RAP Coordinator will represent DRC and DDG in various policy, advocacy and communication related meetings, working groups and consortiums to ensure DRC and DDG key messaging and position is incorporated into joint advocacy initiatives or messaging.
- Assist as needed at visits of senior DRC/DDG to the field operation area; accompanying high-level visits to the region and drafting reports/analysis on these visits upon request; preparing in-house briefings, publications and other material as needed.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Masters’ degree in International relations and policy, political science, displacement, humanitarian aid or other similar and relevant areas
- At least seven years’ experience in a similar role, with a minimum of three years with an I/NGO
- Strong written ability with proven experience in drafting of reports, analysis, briefing notes, articles, case stories, press releases, etc.
- Proven experience with humanitarian advocacy work.
- Proactive self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- An understanding of key humanitarian and displacement issues in the East Africa and Yemen region.
- Willingness to travel to programme locations in insecure environments throughout East Africa and Yemen.
online application on http://www.drc.dk under vacancies no later than 31