- Coordinate logistical and administrative matters for the Regional Director and team, including meeting schedules, calendars, travel arrangements, and financial reconciliations, alongside the respective program managers and administrative teams.
- Manage and oversee correspondence to the Regional Director and ensure timely follow-ups.
- Provide logistical support to teams during trainings, events and implementation of other program activities, as needed.
- Coordinate the regular maintenance of the team’s respective country pages on the public NDI website, in consultation with program managers.
- Track country team-related activities and events.
- Develop and maintain regional team tracking systems for business and administrative processes.
- Create and manage key databases to support administrative and program work.
- Research and share best administrative practices in DC and with other country and regional teams.
- Assist in training new team members and coordinating staff development on administrative, logistical and NDI-related procedures.
- Coordinate with program staff, short-term consultants, trainers, and observer delegates and NDI’s travel agent and the operations team to support staff travel and events.
- Help support the orientation of new LAC team members.
- Monitor the tracking and distribution of team office supplies and equipment, including computers/laptops, and other electronic equipment for program participants.
- Assist with managing and coordinating team retreats, meetings and other events.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Incumbent operates under general supervision, receives direction on most processes and methods and is assigned most work.
- Incumbent regularly interacts with staff at all levels within NDI.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience a plus.
- One (1) year of previous administrative experience.
- Previous experience with event planning and management, as well as basic expense and invoice management, as well as budget tracking is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment; focused and organized; deadline and detailed oriented; requires little oversight to complete tasks.
- Ability to be creative and to proactively identify procedures and policies to improve the overall efficiency and organization of established administrative systems.
- Capacity to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster productive business relationships and effective interaction with staff and vendors.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Excellent grammar, punctuation and editing skills.
- Ability to know when to ask questions and seek guidance when necessary.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Excel spreadsheet applications, and internet-based content research. Proficiency with accounting, expense reporting, project tracking software is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired. Basic database skills are desired.
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information.
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations, if necessary.
- This position generally is performed in an office environment and may be suitable for partial telework.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, as well as attendance at external events.
- Sitting/mobility—to work at a desk and move around work areas.
- Speaking/hearing—to engage orally in conversation with others and conduct presentations.
- Seeing—to effectively use a computer screen and for reading and interpreting printed materials, memos and other paperwork.
- Reaching/handling—to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This is a union position to be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 2.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI’s Human Resources department.
To apply please visit our website at www.ndi.org/careers.