About the Role:
The Recruitment and Hiring Associate provides administrative support across a variety of functions supporting the recruitment, hiring and employment lifecycle of Headquarters staff. The ideal candidate for this position has strong attention to detail and previous experience in an administrative support role, ideally support Human Resources functions. A passion for learning new skills and the ability to prioritize tasks will be essential in this role.
Internews is looking to hire one candidate who will be based in either of our US Headquarters locations of Arcata, California or Washington, DC. Alternatively, the position may be based remotely in the Portland, Oregon area.
Internews is a very diverse organization globally. We value and strive to cultivate the perspectives that result from the inclusivity of different voices, and the foundation of our work is to support free and open communications between all people. We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We are an EEO employer and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for any of our open positions.
Daily tasks include the following:
- Ensure that recruitment and personnel file is complete and organized within the electronic file sharing system;
- Review requests for Personal Service Contracts with program teams to ensure contracts are reflective of project activities and follow bets practices for engaging Personal Services Contractors;
- Support the onboarding of new staff members through the distribution, collection, and filing of onboarding documentation;
- Support the maintenance of Internews’ Applicant Tracking System as it relates to tracking open positions, communicating with candidates, generating reports, and other software functionality as needed;
- Post jobs to Internews website and external advertising sources, tracks expenses and reconciles costs;
- Assist in maintaining recruitment memberships, researching and recommending new recruitment venues to help establish strong candidate pool for open positions;
- Develop and runs reports related to personnel and recruitment metrics on regular or ad-hoc basis;
- Support the offer process by performing reference checks, background screenings and vetting. Additionally, this position will create employment offer packages, including employment offer drafts and benefits summaries;
- Run and files regular compliance reports related to recruitment, hiring, and personnel with relevant agencies;
- Respond to HR department ticketing system issues as assigned;
- Performs other HR support duties as assigned, which may include tracking support, policy editing, ticketing system management, ordering badges or business cards, maintaining HR Intranet documents and org charts, employment verifications, employee life event and recognition programs;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values;
- Other duties as requested.
Your Experience and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience in office administration, preferably in Human Resources
- Proven ability handling confidential and sensitive information
- Prior experience with databases, preferably an HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Strong computer skills and MS office experience
- Organized, logical, detail-oriented
- Ability to take direction, yet work independently and complete tasks on time
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working remotely from home is a plus
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Previous experience working for an international NGO, a plus
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.