Chemonics seeks a director of recruitment to lead the development and implementation of the home office recruitment strategy designed to enhance the company’s competitive advantage in the marketplace by attracting and acquiring a diverse pool of talent. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team that will manage high-quality recruitment processes and standards, compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and development of strong relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders, clients, vendors, and partners. The director will also manage the recruitment policies and practices for new business and project recruiting. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Direct recruitment department operations and conceptualize new strategies to improve department performance against corporate strategic goals, including annual work planning, budgeting and financial management, workforce planning, and performance reporting.
- Direct annual internship and outreach strategy to attract a continuous pool of qualified candidates to Chemonics. Incorporate corporate needs into the outreach strategy and develops the annual outreach budget.
- Instruct development of home office and proposal recruitment policies, guidelines, principles, and best practices to ensure the most qualified candidates are hired and industry trends and best practices are followed. Partner with all business and support divisions, technical practices, and teams to ensure the recruitment team supports strategic priorities and is able to maintain a pipeline of quality candidates.
- Lead development and maintenance of global recruitment training, process documents, and facilitative resources; must stay abreast of clients’ recruitment needs and standards.
- Oversee recruitment compliance with Department of Labor/Office of Federal Contracting Compliance Program (DOL/OFCCP) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations. Partner with the human resources information systems (HRIS) team to develop EEO/Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) reporting requirements and ensures that applicant tracking data is accurate and compliant.
- Oversee efforts to ensure compliance with Chemonics’ Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning & Economic Development (DMPED) and the Department of Employment Services’ (DOES) agreements; collaborate with the HRIS team to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Collaborate with compensation, benefits and employee services team to establish systems and processes, offering recommendations for competitive compensation packages within Chemonics’ compensation structure, and ensuring compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) policies and procedures.
- Partner with Global Health Supply Chain Office (GHSCO) recruitment team, assisting with strategic concerns and problem-solving.
- Provide overall leadership and supervision for the home office recruitment team, communicating clear performance goals and standards, offering regular performance feedback and prompt resolution of problems, and promoting staff development through coaching, mentoring, and facilitating professional growth opportunities.
- Oversee Chemonics’ applicant tracking system and background and education check process to include improvements, updates, and general maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8 years of technically relevant work experience, preferably in recruitment for USAID or Department of State contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or in place of a degree, minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum three years of formal or informal leadership/managerial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of fair employment practices, DOL/OFCCP and EEO regulations, EEO/AAP requirements, and other relevant legal and regulatory compliance elements; understanding of D.C. specific employment requirements and reporting systems preferred.
- Knowledge of company’s clients and their recruitment standards, including but not limited to USAID, DFID, and/or Global Fund.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff, collaborate across teams and functions, work across differences, and build strong relationships.
- Exemplary communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated integrity, critical thinking, judgment, and respect for others.
- Willingness to work overseas for up to 4-8 weeks per year.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Foreign language fluency in a second language preferred.
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1 by February 28, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.