CARE seeks a Recruitment & Proposal Specialist for the Competitive Bids Unit (CBU). CBU leads the organization’s global efforts in the acquisition of financial resources through competitive solicitations, exclusively from the US Government. CBU provides direct support to and builds the capacity of CARE’s geographic and technical teams worldwide to strengthen and maintain relationships with US Government to fund CARE’s work in combatting poverty and discrimination in approximately 84 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Recruitment and Proposal Specialist is an integral member of CBU and of the Recruitment team. S/he provides management oversight of the recruitment function of assigned bids issued by the USG, and in particular United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The Recruitment and Proposal Specialist assists the Senior Manager, Strategic Recruitment and Proposal Development in decision-making and support related to CBU’s recruitment function. In addition to ensuring a seamless recruitment and proposal management function, the Recruitment and Proposal Specialist advises, coordinates, and/or leads the staffing component for assigned bids. S/he analyzes the solicitation and determines the staffing strategy; s/he will also give input into the proposal’s management and organizational structure. Additionally, the Specialist will take the lead role on assigned bids and have full accountability for securing internationally hired key and non-key personnel on assigned bids.
Primary responsibilities will include providing guidance and leadership in the recruitment of international staff and supporting proposal development efforts for competitive bids, with CARE either leading the bid as prime or in a sub-partner role, collaborating with external partners. This position is responsible for quickly identifying, sourcing, and interviewing prospective staff including reference checks, salary negotiations, writing and revising CVs and management plans, as necessary, and working in close collaboration with team members from the Country Offices and technical units. Additionally, this position will develop a tailored recruitment strategy for competitive bidding for each assigned proposal and provide thought leadership around management and personnel structures during the competitive bidding process. S/he is also accountable for proactively and continuously building pipelines for upcoming solicitations. The CBU Recruitment and Proposal Specialist will contribute to identifying, reviewing, and maintaining a roster of writers and consultants and on-board them for proposal development. The Specialist will manage recruitment and recruitment-related activities for prime bids up to $25M and contribute to recruitment for proposals over $25 million; s/he may also work on sub-bids if the need arises.
- Lead and/or contribute to recruitment and staffing components for competitive USG-funded proposals;
- Assist with the management of the Recruitment team;
- Provide thought-leadership and proposal writing, primarily of management sections;
- Improve quality and efficiency of recruitment process
- Networking and Outreach;
- Capacity Building and Assistance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Human Resources or Social Sciences; International Development or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience;
- No less than 5 years of recruitment experience with USG-funded (preferably USAID) competitive bidding process;
- Substantial experience and positive track record in the pursuit of USG (mainly USAID)-funded proposal development efforts;
- Broad knowledge of employee relations, compensation & benefits, staffing, training and development, and basic US labor laws;
- Demonstrated expertise in USAID rules and regulations regarding recruitment and personnel processes;
- Experience in customer service-oriented positions.