International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Assignment Title: Quantitative Methodologist Consultant
Department/Location: Global Health
Technical Point of Contact: Team Lead/Behavior Change Expert
Overview: IBTCI is implementing a contract funded by the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) to conduct formative research to inform the design of activities and sub-activities of country programs. The research is associated with behaviors and practices that may be adopted by different audiences (e.g., farmers, cottage industries, teachers, households) in association with economic development interventions in different sectors (energy, education, land titling and mass transport) that contribute to the reduction of poverty. IBTCI is seeking a short-term consultant Quantitative Methodologist to contribute to the development of research protocols including research design, sampling, data collection instruments, and data management and data analysis plans. The methodologist may also implement those data analyses using software packages to conduct bivariate or multivariate analysis. (S)he will assist in the preparation of relevant deliverables to MCC.
This position requires approximately up to 15 days Level of Effort (LOE), from July through December 2020. The period of performance may be extended depending on need. The consultant can work remotely from his/her location. Occasional short-term travel may be required to IBTCI’s office in Vienna VA or Washington DC.
Using your quantitative and subject matter skills, perform technical tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Review background program documents, materials, and deliverables;
- Co-lead development of the formative research design protocols and data analysis plans;
- Support formative research in order to develop country- and sector-specific data collection tools;
- Develop and refine SBCC doer/non-doer analysis tools;
- Contribute to data collection and analysis;
- Prepare sections of the quantitative data reports;
- Support evaluation design for iterative technical oversight of SBCC process; and
- Other tasks as required.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Must have seven (7) or more years of experience in undertaking and leading quantitative field research in the social and/or behavioral sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with statistics.
- Demonstrated experience in applying quantitative methods to behavior change work or a similar field.
- Must have at least five years of experience working on international projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education: Master’s Degree in Statistics, Bio-statistics, Sociology, or Behavioral Sciences or other relevant field; PhD preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to support formative research in order to develop country- and sector-specific data collection tools;
- Familiar with research designs.
- Capable of defining/selecting sampling frameworks, conducting sample size. Calculations for hypothesis testing and statistical power.
- Ability to propose data management plans.
- Ability to design and conduct statistical analysis for studying associations between independent and dependent variables which may be continuous, ordinal or categorical.
- Proficiency in French or Arabic would be a plus.
- Being located in North America would be a plus, to facilitate coordination with the team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position may require short-term domestic travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.