Quality Assurance Officer – MEL (1 Position)
Duty Station [Mokha -Yemen]
“Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.”
About the job
This non-managerial position is under the overall guidance of the QA Team Leader – MEAL. S/he will contribute to the development and implementation of DRC Yemen Quality Assurance framework, with particular focus on tracking the project progress and cross-checking the project indictors. S/he will be supporting the designing and implementing the MEL activities; assisting the project staff in preparing periodic reports on project progress; and will be support for the collection of data and responsible in analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. S/he is responsible to lead the verification process and report findings. This position will work in close collaboration with the field project team and key stakeholders under consultation and supervision by QA Team Leader – MEAL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct monitoring routine spot check to oversee/review the overall progress of project activities and draft the reports.
- Carry out the periodic evaluation assessment to assess progress against targets.
- Supervise the beneficiary verification and draft the verification report.
- Support in planning the MEAL activities (baseline, mid-term, evaluation and PDM).
- Review and translate the MEAL surveys.
- Handle the recruitment process of data collectors (casual) and follow up on their contracts, attendance, payments.
- Pre-test the data collection tools and conduct training to the data collectors (casual).
- Support in the data analysis and initiate the assessment reports (baseline, mid-term, evaluation and PDM).
- Support project staff in writing the human interest stories and collect the lessons learned and best practice.
- Assist in receiving complaints from beneficiaries on the hotline, mobile, feedback boxes and/or any newly instituted feedback channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned by QA Team Leader/Manager.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN.
- Experience of developing monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Experience of designing tools and strategies for data collection using electronic tools such as ODK and Kobo toolbox.
- In-depth knowledge of MS utilities (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Adheres to the DRC’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the DRC Yemen Program;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Willingness to travel very frequently to field sites and percent of the time.
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Bachelor’s degree in social science, IT, computer science, statistics, economics, M&E science or related field.
- English – Very Good
- Arabic – Fluent
DRC will offer the successful applicant a One Year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Mokha with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (H).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close February 29, 2020.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website http://www.drc.ngo