PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The APS PATH Scale-Up Study which is a partnership between the Ministry of Health – National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP), PATH-Kenya and the University of Washington (UW) is currently seeking a qualified and competent person to fill the position of a Qualitative Researcher.
The successful applicant will be responsible for qualitative data collection and analysis within Kisumu and Homa Bay Counties. S/he must be able to work with minimal supervision and be ready to work long hours when necessary. S/he will report to study PI (University of Washington) and site PI (PATH Kenya).
Responsibilities with their tentative timelines include:
- Coding and analysis of baseline integration interviews (Jan-Feb 2020)
- Undertake follow-up integration interviews (Jan-March 2020)
- Conduct acceptability and demand interviews including data collection, coding and analysis (Jan-March 2020)
- Manuscript writing (April-June 2020)
- Preparation of qualitative research reports
- Ensuring study ethics and human subjects protection