SI seeks a Qualitative Methodologies Expert will lead the development of high-quality instruments for primary data collection (including questionnaires and accompanying enumerator manuals, if needed) or a data extraction approach for existing sources.
- Responsible for integrating qualitative methods into the evaluation design and provide technical review on development of data collection firm TORs
- Produce instruments for the collection of primary qualitative data on a rolling basis as necessary to ensure adequate exposure periods to various interventions.
- Responsible for ensuring that timing of primary qualitative data collection aligns with appropriate
- exposure periods for various program sub-activities.
- Support the development of the final report and data documentation package, and dissemination of results.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in evaluation, energy sector, or other relevant field.
- Significant practical experience designing and leading qualitative research, including design of data collection tools, managing the implementation of data collection, developing analysis documents, and undertaking and producing rigorous analysis from original research. This should include experience in data analyses and reporting of differences across groups (sex, income, and other relevant characteristics).
- Demonstrated experience in designing, sampling, administering, and analyzing qualitative data collection according to industry best practices, such as focus groups and key informant interviews.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating social and behavior change communications and outreach.
- Previous experience conducting evaluations on energy projects, experience in Kosovo, and Albanian and Serbian language skills are preferred.
- Previous experience with MCC and the Balkan region is a plus.
Other Critical Expertise
- Experience carrying out experimental and or quasi-experimental impact evaluations with control and treatment groups.
- Experience with the design and implementation of multi-topic quantitative household and or enterprise surveys in
- developing country context.
- Experience with evaluating women’s economic empowerment, including female employment and entrepreneurship-focused activities, and analyzing and thoughtfully presenting and discussing data on these initiatives and overall programming disaggregated by sex, income and other demographic variables of interest.
- Experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs/CBOs for the design and implementation of impact evaluations, including addressing weaknesses as needed.
- Demonstrated experience in data anonymization.
- Significant demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and publishing evaluations, preferably including impact evaluations.