Chemonics seeks a public sector change management advisor for the proposed El Salvador Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) project. The five-year, $30-33 million project will support public financial management reform efforts of the El Salvadoran government per USAID’s Cooperation Strategy Development Objective 2, by improving public financial management practices, increasing domestic resource mobilization, and generating additional revenue for the public sector. El Salvador DRM will 1) improve budget planning and preparation, 2) improve the budget execution through a timely implementation of the four core modules (budget, treasury, accounting, and procurement), 3) promote sustainability of the reforms, broaden the tax base and compliance, and support improvements in tax administration and enforcement, and 4) bolster transparency and public-private dialogue on fiscal policy. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Senior-level expert to provide leadership on expenditure management, facilitation change and performance improvement in public sector institutions
- Play a lead role in identifying constraints and gaps impeding organizational performance in assisted institutions, shaping plans to manage change and build capacity, and developing effective communications strategies
- Responsible for developing comprehensive training plans for the implementation of the various reforms, systems, policies, and procedures
- Facilitate strategic communications, outreach engagement between government, civil society, and private sector on fiscal policy and administration matters
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field, such as economics, public administration, public policy, strategic communications, or other relevant field; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of international professional experience or performance improvement in public sector institutions, with experience related to public financial management policy and administration
- Proven interpersonal skills and proven experience in facilitating dialogue among high-level leaders
- Outstanding management skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, creative problem-solving, and ethical management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English (FSI levels 4-4) is required
Send electronic submissions of your CV and Cover Letter to
ElSalvadorDRMJobs@chemonics.com by Friday, December 12, 2016. Please
include “Public Sector Change Management Advisor” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.