PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Public Private Engagement (Contracting) Lead. PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, immunization, HIV/AIDS, injection safety, maternal health, and more.
- Assist Central Tuberculosis Division in identifying, selecting and contracting implementing agency through open and competitive bidding to engage private healthcare providers.
- Support RNTCP to design modalities of potential strategic contracting mechanism on demand side for respective state
- Support RNTCP to develop landscape of supplier ecosystem on supply side, (i.e. implementation agencies)
- Conduct assessment of implementation agencies to gauge their capability to participate in strategic contracting process
- Undertake market shaping activities by creating awareness on potential opportunities in TB space and support potential organizations in capability strengthening; thereby, fostering a competitive marketplace which strives for innovation
- Estimate resources required for contracting and support RNTCP to budget financial resources accordingly
- Coordinate with program officials to set goals and milestones for respective implementing agency based on the NSP targets and baseline scenario of private sector participation.
- Monitor the progress and evaluate implementing agency based on agreed targets.
- Prepare regular monitoring and evaluation reports and update the center and state program officials regarding resources allocated and disbursed to implementing agency.
- Analyze, compile and review the performance of partner agency to ensure real-time learning and adaptation across the program.
- Identify training needs of state and implementing agency and address them in systematic manner.
- Coordinate with State and implementing agencies to get periodical statements of expenses and make sure timely payments through the Central/State Government on a regular basis.
- Provide Administratively support to RNTCP throughout the contracting process and work closely with proposed TSU and NHM contracting teams at State and National level.