Are you looking to work on current and emerging energy and environmental policy issues? Do you want to apply your education and experience to help Federal government agencies improve the way they develop and implement regulations, policies, and programs? Our Regulatory, Policy and Economics business portfolio has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal programs and is seeking a Public Policy Specialist to support clients like the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Join our multidisciplinary team of policy analysts, economists, attorneys, business analysts, scientists, and engineers. We combine legal, economic, engineering, and scientific research and analysis to solve unique public policy challenges through innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. Our dynamic work environment involves working on multiple projects simultaneously, supporting a wide range of clients, and providing a wide range of support services. This role will be located in the Washington DC Metro area (with flexibility for telework considered). Occasional travel to client sites and conferences may be required once business travel resumes.
Ideal candidates will combine strong quantitative analysis skills necessary for supporting program evaluation, business and regulatory analysis, and cost/benefit estimates, with equally strong research, policy analysis, and writing skills to contribute to policy papers and technical background documents, stakeholder and public comment reports, and regulatory language. This candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team conducting applied research and providing consulting services in support of national-level programs addressing a range of policy issues, with a focus on environmental policy and nuclear power.
What you will be doing:
- Support federal clients to develop energy and environmental regulations, including explaining the rationale of the regulations, and implementing regulatory programs
- Support clients in engaging with and responding to public feedback on proposed regulations
- Assess the costs and benefits of proposed regulations
- Draft reports, manuals, guidance, and regulatory language
- Immerse oneself rapidly in varied projects for multiple clients
- Provide verbal and written progress updates to project staff
- Develop recommendations, draft reports, and presentations
- Interact with clients, including but not limited to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Environmental Protection Agency
What you must have (minimum qualifications):
- Master’s Degree; OR Bachelor’s Degree plus at least 2 years of experience in policy analysis (or related field).
- U.S. Citizenship is required per federal contracts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a high-level government clearance
What we would like you to have (preferred qualifications):
- Strong writing skills, including high attention to detail and the ability to produce written materials with little to no errors
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, time management, and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail-oriented and team-oriented collaborative approach
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills preferred
- Candidates with degrees in public policy, engineering, or environmental management preferred, but candidates with other areas of specialization should also apply
Why you’ll love working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits and corporate wellness program
- Competitive vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work arrangements
- A diverse workforce that values equity and inclusion
- Employee community networks to support a diverse, inclusive workplace
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities to meet your professional goals.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$64,372.00 – $109,432.00
Reston, VA (VA30)