PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. PATH has been working to support local partners in Vietnam for 40 years. Our current portfolio in Vietnam includes work to help health care providers and communities prevent and respond to communicable and non-communicable diseases, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities.
PATH is now providing technical assistance to the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), and provincial partners to prevent and control non-communicable diseases (NCD) for not only adults but also youth. PATH has been supporting the MOH to strengthen primary health care (PHC) and supply chain to ensure NCD early screening, diagnosis, treatment referral, and essential drug availability and accessibility at the PHC level. PATH has also worked with MOET to support the education and training sector in Vietnam to establish, implement, and execute an educational program on healthy behaviors and lifestyles for students to prevent NCDs by leveraging data and frontier technologies.
PATH is seeking a Public health cum supply chain specialist based in Hanoi, Vietnam, and reports to the NCD Technical director. The person will be responsible for providing coordination and technical and programmatic support to engage with MOH, MOET, national experts, and provincial partners in both health and education sectors as part of NCD projects in Vietnam.
- Develop workplans, coordinate, monitor, support, and prepare reports on interventions to improve availability and accessibility of the essential drugs for hypertension (HTN) and diabetes (DM) at the PHC facilities.
- Develop workplans, coordinate, monitor, support, and prepare reports on NCD prevention for middle and high school students.
- Develop a technical guidance/training curriculum for NCD supply chain strengthening with a focus on a community-based integrated care model for HTN and DM and participate in developing the educational program on NCD prevention in youth.
- Provide technical support/guidance to the provincial partners, including participating schools, during the project implementation to assure the project is implemented and expanded.
- Act as PATH focal point person to liaise and coordinate with provincial partners in project’s sites in Viet Nam.
- Facilitate and support project implementation in a timely manner; provide monitoring and supportive supervision for project activities.
- Work closely with the Technical Director and Project Financial Analysis and Administrative Manager to ensure sub-agreements, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts are developed and approved in a timely manner, financial management is compliant with donors’ and PATH’s regulations, and monitor expenditure trends.
- Support other projects and NCD-related tasks and activities that may arise during the course of the project