Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Public Financial Management Specialist to work at a regional/local level in supporting the Government of Tanzania to implement a range of PFM reforms to strengthen economic governance in Tanzania affecting 26 regions and 188 local authorities. PFM has been at the core of Tanzania’s development efforts over the past two decades with the Government-Donor financed Public Financial Management Reform Progamme (PFMRP), and recent efforts have placed a focus on reforms at the regional/local level.
The Public Financial Management Specialist will perform the following:
- Support process implementation of PFM reform at the local government level, which includes: revenue management; budget planning and execution, ensuring transparency and accountability; establishing controls and oversight;
- Be geographically located in the field to provide PFM technical assistance at the regional/local government level;
- Effectively coordinate with PFMRP efforts at the central government level to align priorities and adapt best practices to the local level.
- Minimum 7 years’ of experience in public financial planning & budgeting, revenue management and budget allocation, tax specialization, public or private procurement, and internal and external audit at the central or local government levels, or other professional experience in the finance/accounting field in the public or private sector;
- Demonstrated experience delivering institutional strengthening assistance to national and/or sub-national entities in public financial management;
- Demonstrated experience implementing PFM reforms at a local government level;
- Strong attention to detail and technical expertise in financial and accounting concepts in the public or private sector;
- Deep knowledge of PFM and ongoing efforts in Tanzania;
- Post-graduate qualification in finance, accounting, economics, or other relevant field;
- National of Tanzania;
- Professional fluency in English and professional proficiency in Kiswahili.
- Experience engaging with public officials in Tanzania or East African country;
- Master’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, public administration, or other relevant field;
- Work experience on DFID or African Development Bank projects.