Indirect Management by the Government of Rwanda
The general objective of the programme is to strengthen the public accountability and improve public service delivery in Rwanda, as foreseen in the NIP (2014-2020), by improving the government’s ability to design, implement and monitor its economic and social policies and by ensuring the efficient, effective and transparent use of public resources.
The specific objectives relate to the successful implementation of the government’s reform strategies on PFM and statistics: the PFM Sector Strategic Plan (SSP) and the National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (NSDS II). The special objectives are therefore twofold.
The first special objective is to improve the governance of public funds by strengthening the organisational and operational capacity on public finance, revenue mobilisation and audit in three key institutions, namely Ministry of Finance, and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN), Office of the Auditor General (OAG) and Rwandan Revenue Authority (RRA).
The second specific objective is to improve statistical capacities of institutions to provide evidence-based policy-making and monitoring in Rwanda that will enable the National Institute of Statistics (NISR) and the overall National Statistical System (NSS) to produce good-quality and timely official statistics for informed policy making and accurate monitoring and evaluation of development results in Rwanda.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in public administration. Economics, MBA Financial Management or other relevant degree.
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda will be an asset
General professional experience
- A minimum of 7, but preferably at least 10 years of professional experience in public financial management,
- Proven knowledge and experience of public financial management reform
- Excellent skills in human resource management and human resource development in the public sector,
- Experience of working in Sub-Saharan Africa region countries will be considered an advantage.
Project location: Rwanda
Expected Project duration: undefined
*Please note that all profiles are indicative only and based on our assumptions from the contract notice and maybe subject to change once the ToR is made available.*