The Provincial PMTCT Coordinator will oversee the implementation of quality m2m Mentor Mother services to women and children at USAID/PEPFAR SAFE facilities and surrounding communities in Copperbelt Province; supervise all Site Coordinators and Mentor Mothers; and monitor and ensure quality improvement of m2m services. This position will be responsible for working closely with the Provincial and District Medical Officers, facility staff, and community stakeholders,
Key Performance Areas:
Mentor Mother Site Implementation
- Manage Mentor Mother program implementation at health facility and community level, ensuring quality service delivery to clients
- Manage the use of electronic client management tools at facility and community
- Manage integration of Mentor Mother services into the health facilities and community activities. Build and maintain strong relationships with health facility staff and other implementing partners working in the facility and the community, to maximize retention in care and adherence to treatment.
- Develop and implement provincial site management workplan
- Manage performance of the Site and Community Coordinators including work schedules and leave for all site staff.
- Liaise with HR officer to address site-level human resource issues.
- Mentor Site and Community Coordinators including provision of supportive supervision at site level
Performance Monitoring and Improvement
- Conduct site-level supervision and monitoring activities and monthly quality improvement and performance monitoring meetings at site level
- Monitor monthly facility and community-level data, compile and assess areas for quality/service improvement.
- Consolidate data and report to USAID/PEPFAR SAFE program and M&E teams and provincial/district stakeholders.
- Develop and implement geo-location improvement plans, roll-out interventions to promote continued service integration, quality and effectiveness (where needed)
- Liaise with Training and Capacity Building Specialist and M&E team to assess site performance and implement joint interventions as required
- Conduct on-site capacity building of site staff and contribute to/co-facilitate in-service trainings.
Provincial and District Engagement
- Represent project in provincial and district coordinating forums including managing strategic relationships with Provincial and District Medical Offices including RMNCH/PMTCT counterparts at the provincial/district Ministry of Health level, and other implementing partners/stakeholders
- Produce project/geo-location reports
- Contribute to provincial USAID/PEPFAR SAFE activities and perform other duties as assigned