Chemonics seeks a provincial manager for the anticipated USAID Malaria Capacity Strengthening activity in Mozambique. The project aims to support the implementation of proven malaria interventions at community and facility levels, strengthen management capacity of the provincial and district Ministry of Health personnel to provide oversight and supervision of malaria interventions and improve health management information system, data reporting, analysis and use at the provincial and district levels. Supervised by the technical director, the provincial manager will lead capacity strengthening of provincial health directorate (DPS) and district health directorate (DDS), working closely with health officials to identify health system constraints and solutions for strengthening malaria service provision. Provincial teams will work closely with program’s national office to establish relationships with DPS, conduct a provincial capacity needs assessment of the target province and its districts, and prioritize and formalize activities via a management capacity development plan. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- With technical support from the program’s national office, oversee and provide day-to-day management for the implementation of the management capacity development plan
- Oversee the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities within their province and based on the expected results in the action plan
- Develop periodic reports and success stories based on work accomplished in their respective province
- Liaise closely with the technical director and the chief of party
- Work with the finance and operations in relation to the operations of the provincial office
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four (5) years of project management in malaria or other public health programs;
- Minimum three (3) years technical experience in health-related projects
- In-depth knowledge of USAID and its contractual and purchasing requirements
- Ability to write and communicate verbally clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Portuguese
Please apply by filling out an application through the formstack link below by December 24, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.