Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Protection Assistant
About the Job
The Protection Assistant is part of the DRC Protection Team in Slovyansk and works under the management, guidance and supervision of DRC’s national Protection Manager. The Protection Assistant supports the Protection officer and Protection Manager in timely and quality implementation of protection activities in Donetsk and Luhansk oblast. This position is based in Slovyansk with frequent travel to field locations.
Implementation of protection activities
- Implement of all protection activities, including but not limited to work with local authorities, implementation of community based initiatives, community’s capacity building, assistance to conflict-affected population;
- Contribute to the design of clear weekly and monthly plans for the implementation of all protection activities;
- Support the organization and delivery of project activities;
- Support the Protection Officer in implementation of all protection activities;
- Contribute to the process of developing tools, guidelines and SOPs relevant for protection work;
- Manage individual cases, provide advice and guidance as well as referrals to beneficiaries on issues related to accessing required services.
Training and capacity building
- Contribute to the development of training materials and tools;
- Assist in training for government and NGO stakeholders, social workers;
- Design information leaflets, brochures, training modules for awareness raising activities.
Internal/External Coordination and Representation
- Establish and maintain coordination with local authorities, local and international NGOs when/if required;
- Represent projects in relevant coordination meetings when requested;
- Support with occasional document translation and provide interpretation support to Protection Manager during meetings, trainings, and other project activities.
Reporting & Accountability
- Collect and maintain project data ensuring the highest standards of data protection and confidentiality. Insert the collected information into the database when needed;
- Contribute to drafting reports, analyses of statistical data and proposal writing;
- Produce high quality and timely reports for DRC and donors within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant DRC policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection, the code of conduct, and security.
Perform other relevant tasks as requested by Protection Officer or Protection Manager.
To be successful in this role, you must have a Graduate degree in economics, social work, or equivalent.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 2 years of working experience in economic development area or social work, supporting vulnerable groups of populations as part of local or international organizations;
- Good writing and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and stress resilience;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and good command of English – both oral and written.
- Strong facilitation skills, building communication with local authorities;
- Experience in working with conflict affected population.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Labour Contract: 18 Months
- Medical insurance
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: July 24, 2020.
For more information about the Danish Refugee Council, please visit our website drc.ngo.