The Prospect Development Manager will partner with Development Division staff to identify prospects, develop and implement portfolio management systems, and provide research services throughout the fundraising cycle. This position will develop dashboards for front-line teams, identify prospective donors for fundraising efforts using various research methods, obtain and analyze information on major donor prospects, and assess giving ability for the creation of targeted fundraising and cultivation strategies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop strong partnerships with front-line fundraisers and partner with development division staff to provide prospect identification and research services throughout the fundraising cycle
- Develop, implement and manage portfolio management meetings; in collaboration with gift officers develop metrics and dashboards for portfolio management
- Conceptualize and develop proactive prospecting methodologies to support AJWS’s goals; identify prospective donors using a range of resources, through constituent list segmentation, database screening; understand wealth indictors; and analyze information on prospects and assess giving ability for the creation of target fundraising and cultivation strategies
- Research, organize, and analyze information from a variety of sources to determine prospect’s capacity, relationships, and philanthropic interests to evaluate their potential interest in AJWS
- In collaboration with Director of Development Operations, identify, plan and implement salesforce design support proactive prospect and donor research.
- Identify required resources for prospect research and maintain vendor relationships and contracts such as iWave, wealth screening vendor, etc.
- Define and implement processes to utilize wealth screen information in developing prospective donor lists and analysis. Develop system to disseminate information on regular basis to relationship managers in a user-friendly format
- Prepare meeting briefing documents for face-to-face donor and prospect meetings with the president; review all other briefing materials including event briefings
- Collaborate with the database administrator on management and organization of donor and prospect files. Ensure prospect and donor research and records are maintained in the donor database. Implement and maintain relationship mapping project.
- Oversee and provide training for development division staff on research methods and tools including the wealth screen.
Compensation and Benefits Information:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and the market;
- Paid Time Off: 15-21 Federal and religious holidays off each year in addition to generous vacation and sick days;
- Full health benefits coverage with minimal contribution by employees;
- 403(b): 4% company match (safe harbor);
- Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Benefits;
- Workplace flexibility and generous leave policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years related experience in prospect management and research
- Experience with wealth screening and other prospect research tools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, interpret and disseminate complex information
- Attention to detail and customer-focused
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft office suite
- Proficiency with relational databases such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or other CRM; experience with moves management and dashboards
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in dynamic, fast-moving organization, meet deadlines, and handle multiple, complex projects
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to handle confidential information
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, apply below.
Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered.