Candidates must have USAID proposal writing experience.
This position can be located in any existing PATH office. Work authorization is required. Visit http://www.path.org for office locations.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Partnerships Development team is seeking a proposal writer to work with technical teams across PATH’s global and country programs on competitive opportunities. We are seeking candidates with demonstrated skills, expertise, and experience in writing and editing successful proposals for large institutional donors, including; the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the United Kingdom Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Officer (FCDO), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Lead the process for writing technical proposals, including gathering inputs from PATH and partners, preparing drafts, and incorporating reviewer comments.
- Work with proposal teams to review solicitations, determine technical strategies and approaches, develop outlines, and write and edit proposals.
- Support the design of the technical approach, ensuring it responds to the donor requirements in the solicitation, addresses the programmatic context, and uses appropriate win themes.
- Review background documents, including the solicitation, program descriptions and donor strategies, PATH and partner programmatic materials, and information on country context.
- Contribute to identifying and reviewing background materials to use in writing technical proposals or to provide to other team writers.
- Work with program teams to ensure institutional capability statements and past performance records are up to date.
- Build internal PATH capacity to write responsive, compliant, and compelling proposals.