CARE is seeking a Proposal Writer/Researcher who is an integral member of CARE USA’s Competitive Bids Unit (CBU), which leads the organization’s global efforts in the acquisition of financial resources through competitive solicitations, exclusively from the US Government. The Proposal Writer/Researcher serves as the lead writer on a limited number of strategic prime bids and will contribute to other proposals, as necessary. Additionally, s/he will take the lead on drafting and/or updating various CBU documents, reports and maintaining CBU’s SharePoint site.
The position also requires conducting background and other necessary research to develop innovative and compelling concept notes and proposals that highlight CARE’s unique ability and demonstrated track record in implementing related programs.
The position can be based in Atlanta, GA or Washington, DC
- Collaborate with the proposal development team, HQ and Country Office technical staff and CBU team to ensure the design and use of program quality standards and that the proposal developed in accordance with CARE values and principles and CARE proposal development process and responsive to the solicitation.
- Collaborate with CARE subject matter experts to translate technical solutions into a clearly articulated, compelling, and compliant proposal. Collaborate with external consultants to translate technical solutions into a responsive strategy.
- Provide technical guidance and advice regarding the approach, strategy and content of the technical proposal; participate in win strategy/theme development.
- Identify issues requiring donor/client clarification. In collaboration with the assigned Bid Coordinator interpret the requirements of the solicitation and amendments.
- In consultation with the assigned Bid Coordinator, manage the collaborative development of the proposal design to ensure cohesiveness of approach, based on technical evidence, research, and to capture CARE’s global best practices.
- Build capacity of teams in program design and strategy development to achieve 100% alignment/responsiveness of program design to the solicitation’s requirements. Contribute to the design of training and guidance tools and participate in capacity building workshops as needed.
- Support other writing and documentation projects of the unit. This may include writing project summaries and other documentation and dissemination projects as may be required (including the Congressional Budget Justification Scrub, CBU Newsletter, and other internal documents).
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred in international relations, development, journalism, or a related field;
- 10 years of experience working in for profit or non-profit donor-funded organizations with a minimum of 4 years of experience writing proposals and supporting the full proposal development life cycle (from planning to delivery) in response to USG solicitations;
- Technical expertise in one or more focus areas of CARE’s program portfolio (food security, governance, health, education, etc.);
- Demonstrated successful track record in leading proposal development initiatives and collaborating with a wide variety of internal business development stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with changing requirements; ability to work under pressure and beyond standard hours to meet submission deadlines;
- Ability to comfortably and professionally interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and across cultures;
- Strong demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy; strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills;
- Excellent demonstrated writing skills in English, including understanding of grammatical rules, punctuation, sentence structure, and active/passive voice;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% time.