International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in technical assistance for USAID and similar clients in a range of professional capacities including CLA, monitoring & evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Proposal Writer – Conflict, Crisis, and Governance Practice
Department/Location: Washington D.C.-based or remote
Reports To: Vice President, Technical Services
Overview: IBTCI is currently recruiting for a short-term consultant to provide proposal writing services for anticipated monitoring, evaluation, and learning proposals for USAID and other clients.
The timing and duration of assignments are contingent upon the release of requests for proposals.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Working with IBTCI staff to formulate content for technical and/or non-technical sections of IBTCI proposals;
- Provide text for assigned sections of iterative drafts for an anticipated technical approach per the agreed upon proposal calendar;
- Provide technical insight and input across all elements that inform the technical approach, including appropriate levels of effort and staffing structure(s), work-planning, execution of activities, partnering, and overall responsiveness to the proposal statement of work.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the proposal team during review sessions;
- Incorporate comments and edits into revised drafts of the proposal per the agreed upon proposal calendar;
- Attend meetings, review sessions, and otherwise coordinate with IBTCI staff as required;
Note that this position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients to have decision-making authority on final work product.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of USAID, particularly with regard to staffing, structures, procedures, and win themes;
- Understanding of USAID approach to and requirements related to monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, learning, and adapting;
- Experience writing proposals for and/or implementing development or humanitarian assistance programs in non-permissive environments;
- Experience with proposal writing and execution of programs for USAID;
- Ability to work remotely in team meetings over the internet; and
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing and able to commit to assignments between June 15 and September 15 with a minimum of two days’ notice;
- At least five (5) years of experience managing or participating in monitoring and evaluation activities for USG clients;
- Experience with successful proposal writing and execution of support services contracts for USAID; and
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public administration, political science, management, international studies, or a related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel is not required. Travel to IBTCIs offices in Vienna and/or Washington DC will be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.