ICF is in the business of Making Big Things Possible and we’re looking for a Proposal Manager with experience in the energy advisory and energy efficiency markets to help grow our business. We provide professional services and technical solutions that maximize impacts for people, businesses, and government in areas critical to the world’s future.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and capable proposal manager, experienced in the types of requests for proposals (RFPs) typically received from investor-owned utilities, who are genuinely passionate about strategy and positioning us to win. We are looking for someone who will add to our cohesive team dynamic, develop compelling proposals, and coach winning orals/interviews.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and facilitation skills, proficiency in writing and editing, excellent attention to detail, organizational and planning skills, and the ability to take direction and identify priorities and multi-task, all while demonstrating a professional demeanor, flexible attitude, and an enthusiasm for producing highly strategic and thoughtful work within a complex business environment.
This position can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Organize and cross-functional teams during kickoff meetings; develop proposal plan, compliance matrix, and schedule, monitor progress, and ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Schedule and manage blue teams, solutioning, and storyboard development/confirmation and offer advice to help identify and articulate key messages, discriminators, benefits, and proof statements.
- Establish and delegate writing assignments. The proposal manager should be able to write original text for the corporate and team qualifications section, introductions to technical sections, and other sections as appropriate. Ensure that all written materials reflect the key messages identified during storyboard development and that it is written in a persuasive style.
- Working with a graphic designer, help lead conceptualization of proposal graphics. Translate facts and features of subject material into graphic terms that best convey intended meaning.
- Coordinate Requests for Information with teaming partners/subconsultants and Good Faith Efforts or Diversity Goal Plans.
- Manage color team reviews and recovery of proposal after reviews. Ensure final compliance, messaging, and continuity between technical, management, and cost volumes or sections. Proof and edit all text.
- Coordinate orals/interview preparation meetings including helping to identify a presentation approach and ensuring discriminators are articulated; manage production of necessary props (PowerPoint slides, leave-behinds, boards, etc.). Facilitate orals rehearsals. Manage collection of questions for use during Q&A sessions in orals and ensure adequate time is spent developing responses to questions.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of professional experience.
- 4+ years of applicable experience, including an understanding of the proposal response process, such as training by Shipley
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook, and Teams), Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint
- Experience working in the energy advisory and energy efficiency fields preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Remote Office (CA99)