ICF’s Housing and Community Development Practice (HCD) is seeking a Project Support Specialist to support the award-winning HUD Exchange website. The HUD Exchange centralizes resources for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD’s) grantees, providing training, guidance, tools, reports, policy help desks, and much more. View the website at https://www.hudexchange.info.
You will be involved in supporting a variety of tasks including but not limited to: managing web content using a content management system and other applications, drafting and editing web content for accuracy, clarity, and user-friendliness, responding to user inquiries, and other project management tasks (note taking, budget tracking, etc.).
You will contribute to delivering fresh, innovative, and user-focused content and responding to a wide array of user needs to support affordable housing and community development. You will be part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of HUD subject matter experts, content managers, software developers, graphic designers, user experience experts, data analysts, and more.
This is an entry level position. If you have a background in public policy, government, urban planning, sociology, or related fields, we want you to apply! If you have experience or an interest in web content management or website development… even better!
- Develop knowledge of HUD’s programs and systems to inform content and respond to user needs
- Support website content management including: posting resources, FAQs, reports, and other information using a Content Management System (CMS), designing/coding web pages (HTML), and data review/analysis
- Draft and send listserv messages, newsletters, and other communications using Mailchimp
- Support website development including: drafting requirements for new functionality, drafting wireframes, troubleshooting issues/bugs, testing website functionality, supporting usability testing, and coordinating with web developers
- Assist with developing and preparing written and web products, training materials, or other deliverables to clients
- Draft and edit content for clarity, readability, and effectiveness
- Respond to user and client inquiries with a customer service-focused attitude
- Respond to user inquiries on a variety of topics including: finding program guidance, answering program policy questions, resolving technical issues with resources or tools, locating resources for homeless individuals, and much more
- Research and coordinate with subject matter/technical staff as needed to fully and completely respond to user inquiries
- Develop and maintain protocols, templates, and tracking tools
- Provide general project support (note taking, budget tracking, monthly reporting, invoicing, data analysis)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Public Policy, Government, Economics, Urban Planning, or other relevant field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Technology savvy individual who is eager to learn about web applications and software
- Interest in doing good and supporting affordable housing and community development
- Proactive self-starter with proven organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communications for the web and to people with varying levels of technical understanding
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to remain cool under pressure and possessing a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude
- Excellent copy editing and QA/QC skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment
- Experience using applications such as: Content Management Systems (CMS), Mailchimp (or similar application), Google Analytics, Survey Monkey, YouTube, Twitter, SharePoint, Jira, Salesforce, etc.
- Experience in setting up/operating web conferencing and screensharing platforms (e.g. WebEx, Skype, Adobe Connect, Teams, etc.)
- Experience in web development, design, and coding (HTML)
- Experience making web content user-friendly and 508 compliant
- Experience developing and maintaining spreadsheets
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)