QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the timely and effective management and administration of projects to which he/she is assigned, in the QED Practice Area. The PM will report to and have direct supervision over assigned project management staff. The position manages implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial, and compliance activities that deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and client rules and regulation. The position works with internal staff to develop of policies, processes, and procedures, that align with best practices in project management.
- Act as overall point of contact with Contract, Finance and Budget teams for the projects under his/her supervision
- Ensure the financial and reputational integrity of projects under his/her supervision. Resolve complex implementation issues
- Develop activity budgets and oversee financial management of project budgets; including creating budget forecasting and projections, tracking invoices and project finances.
- Review monthly project expenditures and send invoices to clients
- Ensure compliance in field projects with host country laws, including labor policies, tax reporting and regulations
- Liaise closely with technical staff to integrate project management and technical oversight in support of effective program delivery
- Supervise Project Coordinators and Assistants in the Project Management Unit for projects under his/her supervision
- Draft contracts for consultants, subcontractors, and service providers. Serve as primary reference point for contracting questions
- Lead the internal approval process for contracts for services and procurement for the assigned project
- Review basic legal issues for employment and procurement
- Ensure administrative and financial compliance with USG regulations, including regular review of the USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR to ensure compliance
- Point of contact for project related audits
- Review and oversee on financial and administrative reports and other correspondence on activities and transactions related to projects in his/her portfolio
- Prepare and present comprehensive administrative, fiscal, statistical and technical studies, reports, specifications and correspondence as required
- Assist with development of PMPs, program indicators, and other measurements
- Ensure project MEL plans developed and submitted
- Participate in evaluation quality assurance as assigned
- Deliver any technical tasks as assigned
- Support new business and proposal preparation activities
- Assist with recruitment of personnel and in-country partners
- Research legal and program implications for countries participating in programs
- Assist with writing and production of proposals
Innovation, Data, and Technology:
- Participate in ideation campaigns and user testing
- Serve as Idea Champion to move ideas forward through Innovation Process
- Identify opportunities with project teams to integrate Innovation, Data, and Technology into work
- Bachelor’s Degree, required; Master’s Degree in international development or relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 6-8 years working with and managing the administration of USAID and other donor-funded projects with a Masters; minimum of 8-10 years with Bachelors.
- Minimum of 3 years senior level project and people management experience
- Significant demonstrable experience in acquisition mechanisms, USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR and other USG international regulations
- Knowledge of project management procedures for planning and processing international development projects, and for establishing plans, specifications, monitoring and management of the development projects
- Detail-oriented, financial acumen and experience developing/managing program budgets
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, and creative solutions
- Required interest in MEL, qualitative and quantitative research methods, Global Health, or organizational learning
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required
- Willingness to travel to international countries, including post-conflict environments up to 25%
- English required; fluency and knowledge of additional languages (especially French, Arabic, Spanish, or Hindi), is a plus
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application (leave the info in pink blank).
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.