QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Project Operations Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the project management team in the areas of program coordination, and contract management, as well as the timely and effective management and administration of projects. The Project Operations Coordinator will report to directly to the Project Operations Manager, under the Senior Manager, Projects and Contracts. This position supports implementation of effective and efficient operations, financial oversight, and compliance activities, that deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and client rules and regulations.
- Support long-term and short-term staff overseas
- Be primarily responsible for field operations of evaluation teams, including travel logistics, consultant and subcontractor invoices, and travel expenses
- Draft and edit program reports for donors and clients, as needed
- Develop activity budgets and oversee financial management of project budgets; including creating budget forecasting and projections, tracking invoices and project finances
- Review monthly project expenditures and send invoices to clients
- Track and ensure timely submission of all deliverables, including in the assistance of reviewing, editing and finalizing all deliverables for submissions to client
- Draft contracts for consultants, subcontractors, and service providers. Serve as primary reference point for contracting questions
- Lead the internal approval process for contracts for services and procurement for the assigned project
- Review basic legal issues for employment and procurement
- Ensure administrative and financial compliance with USG regulations, including regular review of the USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR to ensure compliance
- Ensure project MEL plans developed and submitted
- Participate in evaluation quality assurance as assigned
- Assist with development of PMPs, program indicators, and other measurements
- Deliver any technical tasks as assigned
- Support new business and proposal preparation activities
- Assist with recruitment of personnel and in-country partners
- Research legal and program implications for countries participating in programs
- Assist with writing and production of proposals
Innovation, Data, and Technology
- Participate in ideation campaigns and user testing.
- Serve as Idea Champion to move ideas forward through Innovation Process.
- Identify opportunities with project teams to integrate Innovation, Data, and Technology into work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development or relevant field required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience performing program operations for USAID and other donor-funded projects.
- Knowledge in acquisition mechanisms, USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR and other USG international regulations.
- Detail-oriented, experience developing/managing program budgets.
- Can-do attitude able to think creatively to find solutions and balance numerous projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel as needed
- English required. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application (leave the info in pink blank).
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.