Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is accepting applications from qualified candidates for a Project Officer. Under the direction of the Regional/Senior Technical Director, the Project Officer provides support and monitoring to global Tt DPK project offices. Additionally, the Project Officer serves in a supporting role to the Project Manager and may serve as lead on low-risk projects.
This position will be based in the Tetra Tech IDS San Francisco office.
* Ensure compliance with contracts, annual work plans and M&E plans
* Serve as POC for field offices’ day-to-day activities, including procurement, organizing team tours, project-related travel and coordination of logistics
* Monitor budget and expenditures to ensure adherence to adopted budget and burn rates
* Maintains project files
* Manages contracting of short-term consultants
* Edits and formats project reports and other documents
* Assists in identifying future business opportunities and client targets for project activity
* Travel to field offices approximately 20-30% of the time
* Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, law, business administration, international relations or related field
* 1-3 years relevant experience
* Demonstrated capacity to complete project support, monitoring and administrative tasks in a timely manner
* Able to prioritize multiple assignments
* Ability to think critically and solve problems independently
* Relevant foreign language skills preferred, e.g. Spanish, Arabic, French, Russian
* US citizenship or a valid US work permit
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.