· Serve as Belgrade-based primary interface with Senior Technical Expert, HQ staff and local partners to implement ongoing projects in Serbia.
· Provide programmatic, administrative and logistics support to project implementation in-country, including implementing project activities, procurement of services, invoice reconciliation and local office communication.
· Establish, maintain and develop productive working relationship with HQ staff, consultants at large and IFES partners in Serbia.
· Assist with project design, requiring knowledge of IFES systems and tools for project implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
· Contribute to monitoring and evaluation efforts to ensure activities are meeting project indicators.
· Provide support during project meetings and special events/activities, prepare and assemble briefing materials as directed.
· Conduct research and provide general support in project proposal development process.
· Achieve project requirements within budget, established time frame, standards of quality and funder satisfaction.
· Support efforts for IFES’ local country registration.
· Assist with editing/writing quarterlies and other reports.
· Review/prepare/submit material for procurement including drafting RFP/RFQ, preparing selection packages, tracking contracts, etc.
· Track field expenses and maintain basic financial monitoring.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in international relations, political science, international development preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of overall work experience in the international development sector with NGO experience a plus.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Experience with project design and supporting project management. Knowledgeable on USAID and non-US based grant and contract proposals, regulations, and procedures. Familiarity with USAID and non-US structure and personnel as well as other international donors. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required. Strong written and verbal communication kills are required. Collaborative, team oriented individual
Language Skills: Native Serbian speaker. Excellent command of English language required.
Travel: Travel may be required, up to 20%
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.