Introducing new malaria diagnostic & drugs, and using surveillance data for rapid response activities
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
PATH is working closely with the National Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology (NIMPE) to support their mission to eliminate malaria in Vietnam by 2030. To help eliminate P. vivax malaria PATH is supporting the introduction of new and innovative malaria diagnostics and medicines that will enable all patients to receive the highest standard of care. We are also supporting the better use of malaria surveillance data from the central- to commune-levels that can be monitored to trigger rapid and targeted response activities across Vietnam.
PATH is seeking a project manager to take the lead in the management and implementation of these activities. The Project Manager will report to Malaria and Health Security Program Director and work closely with the PATH Malaria, Market Dynamics, and Health Security technical teams to execute high quality management of programming implementation. Our partners include but are not limited to the Ministry of Health, NIMPE, IMPEs, provincial departments of health, provincial CDCs, Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV), NGOs supporting NIMPE, private sector partners, and other relevant international/national agencies.
- Lead in management of planning, development, and implementation of project activities.
- Lead and oversee the monitoring and evaluation of the project to ensure that evidence is gathered, and milestones and deliverables are met.
- Lead the preparation of donor reports and manuscripts that relate to findings from team activities.
- Collaborate with NIMPE, IMPEs and provincial CDCs, MMV, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders on the project design, implementation, and monitoring activities.
- Support the development of technical guidance/documents/training curriculum for new malaria diagnostics and medicine and response strategies.
- Facilitate and support project roll out in a timely manner to ensure implementation, monitoring and supportive supervision of project activities. This includes developing and implementing a detailed quarterly workplan and budget that aligns with the annual project workplan and budget.
- Work closely with the Program Director and Project Financial Analysis and Administrative Manager to ensure sub-agreements, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts are developed and approved in a timely manner; and financial management is compliant with donor and PATH regulations and monitor expenditure trends.
- Work closely with the technical team, IT staff, and project partners to identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of workplan activities.
- Serve as the focal point for the project, represent PATH in meetings and communications, and build, develop, and maintain relationships with local key stakeholders and other organizations in project-related activities.
- Serve as a technical specialist to strengthen PATH’s malaria program portfolio in Vietnam and the Southeast Asia Region.
- Support with other project- and malaria-related tasks and activities that may arise during the course of the project.