RTI Health Solutions (RTI HS) provides consulting and research expertise to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, and medical device companies.
We are currently seeking a UK-based Project Manager to join our centralised Project Management Office. This person will manage technical research projects generally applying PRINCE2 and/or PMI project management methodologies. You will support technical lead scientists in delivering the work by managing the budget, scope, timeline, contracts, communication, quality review process, and staffing. In addition, the individual will help identify opportunities for process improvement and potentially develop tools and training for sharing improved approaches.
Join our collaborative, cross-functional team of experts, and help us in our research to explore the value of new medicines and other healthcare interventions. Our research is used by health care systems all over the world in their decisions about patients’ access to new treatments, and to optimise health benefits for patients and their caregivers
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage non-technical aspects of health economics, outcomes, epidemiological, and market access projects for pharmaceutical and other life science clients.
- Create and maintain project budget, including regularly forecasting labour hours and expenses.
- Create and maintain project timelines and address changes.
- Organise and lead internal and external project kick-off and regular status meetings with our internal teams and our clients.
- Identify changes in project plans and scope and develop and propose solutions for managing these changes.
- Help manage client communication and build client relationships, potentially by managing portfolios of projects for the same client, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with a range of internal teams and stakeholders, such as editorial and graphic design leads, the Office of Quality Assurance, contracting, and procurement leads, and the UK Operations team.
- Manage ethics and institutional review board (IRB) submissions.
- Assist in project proposal development and bidding, including staffing, timeline, budgeting, developing work breakdown structure, and identifying subcontractors as needed.
- Manage quality-assurance activities for individual projects, including scheduling and documenting senior review, quality control of data, and editing.
- Liaise with third party vendors and clinical sites for outsourced work to obtain quotes, execute contracts and manage ongoing communications.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Support the project review reporting progress.
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Experience with health technology assessment (HTA) submissions in the UK and Europe
- Experience planning and budgeting resources for research projects. Experience with Deltek Vision or equivalent resource planning system is relevant.
- Knowledge of ethics committee requirements and processes in the UK, Europe and North America
- Experience managing portfolios of work, i.e. multiple projects for a single client
- Knowledge of GDPR/HIPAA Privacy Rules.
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize efforts and manage own time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to assert leadership while also working within and supporting a well-functioning team environment.