*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (TIMCI) is a global effort led by PATH to accelerate availability, adoption and scale-up of tools to identify severe illness and decrease mortality in children under five years of age. PATH and its primary partner, the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), will implement a four-year project funded by Unitaid. TIMCI has two major goals that both seek to improve detection of severe disease in children under five: 1) to improve healthcare workers’ ability to diagnose severe disease by equipping them with pulse oximeters (POX) and electronic decision support tools; and 2) to accelerate the development and market entry of non-invasive devices that augment the features of a standard POX with one or more additional vital sign measurements. This new project begins in July 2019 and will take place in five countries: Senegal, Kenya, Tanzania, Myanmar, and the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
PATH is seeking a Project Manager for the fast-paced, complex, and high profile TIMCI project, which begins in July 2019. The Project Manager will report to the Director of the TIMCI project and provide operational project support to ensure delivery of defined, high quality project outputs on time and on budget. The Project Manager will work closely with a strong team that has been heavily involved in project conception and refinement in close collaboration with the donor.
- Develop and manage global, cross-functionally integrated project work plans, and associated implementation, monitoring and control processes. Establish budgets, milestones, and annual goals for the project, in close collaboration with project donor and project team.
- Partner with the TIMCI Project Director and Finance Partner to determine project success indicators and go/no-go criteria, and timing for tactical and decision-making reviews.
- Develop, implement, and manage systems to coordinate, track, analyze and communicate progress on parallel activities across the five countries. Develop new or implement existing information technology systems to provide appropriately targeted and seamless information sharing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage communications with project team and stakeholders, lead routine global virtual meetings with project team and stakeholders, and facilitate decision making among stakeholders and partners.
- Interface directly with senior and executive level PATH staff (locally and internationally) and the donor as needed to ensure a high degree of project transparency, and appropriately identify, escalate, communicate and resolve project issues.
- Represent PATH and TIMCI at meetings and conferences with donors and partner organizations.
- Proactively drive high-quality project deliverables and dependencies and identify and track critical path items. Proactively manage changes in project scope and drive risk and issue management including developing and implementing response/mitigation strategies in a constantly changing environment.
- Collaborate closely with PATH Communications and Marketing colleagues to develop regular and ad hoc project communications and updates using email and social media for external audiences as well as PATH leadership and donors.
- Ensure that appropriate financial forecasting, expense tracking and analysis systems are in place to appropriately monitor and control project spending and implement course corrections strategies as needed.
- Demonstrate a desire to build, implement and socialize best project management practices for high performing project teams.