Responding to the needs of our growing business we are recruiting a Project Manager for our Governance Team. The role will principally involve working closely with colleagues to support designated projects including managing start-up, monitoring implementation, liaising between head office and field teams, managing partners, reviewing deliverables and synthesising lessons learned. You will be part of a team managing a portfolio of Governance programmes across multiple donors and geographies. You will work closely with the rest of the team on building knowledge and networks and developing new business opportunities and innovative solutions across these rapidly evolving sectors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field e.g. International Development, Economics, Public Administration, Law, Gender.
- Evidenced experience in a development environment – either in a developing country or within a development consultancy/organisation.
- Experience working with major European or International Donors.
- Evidenced project management experience – preferably with disparate or remote teams.
- Good understanding of programme management systems and best practice.
- Experience of working across a variety of cultures
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages are an asset).
- evidenced overseas working experience in a development environment.
- good understanding of proposal development.
- negotiation skills
S/he will also be:
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Driven and motivated combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets thus achieving the goals of DAI Europe.
- Flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel internationally.
We are also looking for an Associate Project Manager within the same team so if you have similar experience and attributes but slightly less evidenced experience, we would also welcome your application.
The Salary offered for the Project Manager position will be circa £30,000 gross pa, commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is 7th June 2019, and interviews will be held progressively.