With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Project Manager, Field Operations
Job Locations US-DC-Washington (preferred, will consider other locations)
The Project Manager, Field Operations is an advocacy specialist for the Political Affairs team. Reporting to the Senior Director, National Field Operations, this position will manage consultants and partner groups as part of a coordinated advocacy campaign team. The position requires working closely with government affairs, communications, and program staff at EDF.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics in support of EDF’s policy goals, with an emphasis on climate change.
- Manage consultants and coordinate with partner groups.
- Lead or support special projects such as Capitol Hill advocacy days, briefings and events, and other advocacy-related efforts.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Facilitate strong internal communication and coordination across EDF programs, regional offices, and other staff.
- Represent EDF with important allies, partners, and coalitions, and build relationships.
- Assist in fundraising efforts, including helping to draft proposals, donor communications, and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of related experience overall, or equivalent experience, or an MA and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Strategic and tactical experience in issue advocacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing personnel, partners and/or consultants, and working across multiple teams to accomplish work objectives.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience supporting successful fundraising initiatives including proposals, reporting, and donor communications.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of teams in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. up to 20% of the time (when health and safety conditions allow travel).
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.