Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the planning and execution of creative deliverables within the brand and content team. These deliverables will support larger communication campaigns, and may come to life in the form of videos, social content, websites, experiential activations, GIFs, and more. Expertise in the production of these deliverables is crucial.
The PM provides project leadership to team members to ensure projects deliver the expected scope and business value, complete on budget and on schedule, and deliver with quality. Often this will include building relationships with vendors, and serving as a liaison between the vendor and the foundation team to ensure mutual success.
Builds strong, respectful partnerships with stakeholders and vendors, manages expectations, and ensures the appropriate level of communication for the audience. The PM uses well-developed judgment to understand organization needs and communication goals, and shares production perspective with the project team to ensure that everyone is in sync and understands the production process and their role in it.
In short: The PM must understand and embrace a creative concept, make a plan to get it done, and see it through.
General responsibilities include:
- Overseeing development of all project deliverables, with a special emphasis on vendor and freelancer management
- Ensuring execution of all activities to meet the defined scope, schedule, budget and resources
- Coordinating with people managers, partners, vendors and project sponsorship to ensure project is appropriately resourced and resources and/or tools are effectively managed to achieve project objectives
- Anticipating project specific risks and minimizes impact of change on project delivery
- Drafting and tracking project budgets and schedules
- Synthesizing and delivering notes and action items at project meetings
- Engaging in stakeholder review process
- Coordinating feedback with vendor partners
- Drafting and delivering project updates to key stakeholders
- Optimizing process to ensure work gets better and more efficient going forward
- Gathering info needed to draft contracts (ICB, PCN, etc.)
- Overseeing/managing production/tech logistics, if required (e.g. Facebook Live, streaming media, etc.)
- Archiving all project assets
- Searching for and sourcing content assets
- Managing foundation photo library requests
- Triage of external communications service desk requests
- Coordination of foundation media center requests
Reports to: Deputy Director, Brand & Content
Minimum 5 years of PM experience, with experience managing the production of digital media, videos, and live-event creative assets, with an ability to manage vendors and freelancers. Preferably with knowledge of and experience working with international development audiences.
*Please note the application deadline is September 22.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.