Manages project staff, activities, and resources to achieve transformative results for beneficiaries and high client satisfaction. Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to deadlines and within budget. Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and external clients in order to deliver project results according to plan. Manages and defines the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the completion of the project life cycle. Creates work plans based on goals and targets, and implements appropriate interventions. Collaborates with other sectors or projects in order to integrate work plans, budgets and interventions, which are essential for the success and sustainability of the project.
- Manages and oversees the development of projects from initiation to completion.
- Manages capacity building project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability.
- Manages relationships with government counterparts, international funders and implementers, employers, and other key stakeholders.
- Manages and monitors agreements with local partner organizations, and results.
- Provide guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision of management.
- Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff.
- Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Coaches, mentors, and manages project team to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and company standards/policies.
- Builds, develops, and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent • Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field. Masters Degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Requires 5-8 years of project management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Strong understanding of good practices in enterprise development, demand-driven technical and vocational education and training, and women’s economic empowerment.
- Knowledge of challenges and opportunities for economic integration of Syrian refugees in Jordan.
- Knowledge of the construction industry in Jordan
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project management, process development and execution.
- Strong knowledge of project management software and other technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project and personnel management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and collaborates with others.
- Ability to adapt and resolve problems/issues to bring project to completion.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English required, native Arabic required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.