Implemented by FHI 360, “USAID’s Strengthening Multisectoral Nutrition Programming through Implementation Science Activity”, or MSNP, is a five-year nutrition research project designed to improve nutrition policy making and implementation in Bangladesh based on locally generated evidence. The MSNP’s Program Manager (PM) is responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) to achieve all project outcomes and produce all deliverables and project products with quality. The PM helps to ensure all project activities are implemented according to the approved work plans, within deadlines and within budget by coordinating the efforts of team members and project partners to deliver according to plan. Provides technical backstopping as required and directed by the COP. In collaboration with the COP and Director, Finance and Operations, supports quality control efforts throughout the completion of the project life cycle. Supports creation of partner work plans based on goals and targets, and reviews all partner submissions for clarity, quality and responsiveness to requirements prior to submission to senior management for approval.
· Supports senior management monitoring of project implementation to completion.
· Supports project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability.
· Manages local implementing partners to ensure coordination through joint planning and monitoring of field activities against agreed upon timelines.
· Provides guidance and monitoring for project staff and partners ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
· Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Supports project staff and partners to deliver high quality project plans, documentation and technical activities to Chief of Party or designee.
· Identifies project issues and works with senior management to implement improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
· Coaches project team (staff and partners) to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and company standards/policies.
· Drafts project deliverables (e.g., quarterly and annual reports for donor) and other documents on request.
· Builds, develops, and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.
· Supports project operations, including but not limited to: drafting/negotiating scopes of work, finalizing procurement documentation, vendor management and subaward monitoring.
· Supports FHI 360 Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor to ensure effective monitoring of project targets and milestones and timely dissemination of project information to internal and external stakeholders.
· Acts as Officer in Charge during Chief of Party absences.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
· Working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project management, process development and execution.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Demonstrated project and personnel management skills, including simultaneously work with multiple partners/organizations.
· Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with others.
· Ability to adapt and resolve problems/issues to achieve project deliverables.
· Experience working in any of the project technical areas a plus.
Problem Solving & Impact:
· Works with senior management to analyze problems and take actions to avoid delays in project schedules, operations and technical activities.
· In coordination with the Chief of Party, provides backstopping to project partners to assess problems and take corrective actions as required.
· Demonstrates sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies to recommend methods and techniques to obtain results.
· Routinely provides operational and technical assistance to staff and project partners to achieve project and to ensure timely completion according to quality standards.
· Coordinates project plans, training and resources with management to achieve strategic goals.
· Reports to the Chief of Party.
· Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field
· Master’s degree in relevant field, such as public health or communications, preferred
● 5-8 years of project management experience.
● Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
● Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language is desired.
● Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) with multiple project partners.
Technology to be Used:
● Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail; data analysis software knowledge is a plus.
Location and Travel Requirements:
· Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
· Approximately 30% within project areas in Bangladesh.