The Syrian Crisis is in its ninth year, but the level and intensity of conflict in the country remains high. Humanitarian and protection needs are overwhelming. According to OCHA, 11.7 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance inside of Syria and millions have been forced to flee. Approximately 6.2 million people in Syria are living in protracted displacement. Most IDPs have sought refuge with host families and in abandoned or unfinished buildings, which are often overcrowded. Elsewhere, they reside in tents or makeshift accommodation in informal settlements and camps. 3.7 million school-aged children are in need of support and 2.1 million are out of school and disconnected from learning and their peers.
The purpose of this Technical Officer position is to support the day to day implementation of the Core Competences Project.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
We are seeking a motivated, energetic, dynamic and communicative candidate who has a minimum of 3 years working as a project officer, preferably with an INGO, NGO. Knowledge and experience within a relevant field and ideally a relevant Diploma or Bachelor Degree or above qualification. Excellent command of spoken and written English as well as Arabic language. Excellent English Drafting skills, high standard of accuracy and attention to details. Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts Additional useful skills include: Excellent presentation and reporting skills, and an analytical thinker with interpersonal skills.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support on Project Cycle Management (PCM) related tasks: drafting of Internal project related documents (work plan, spending plan, procurement plan, Monitoring and Evaluation plan,…etc), overseeing their implementation, supporting during PCM meetings….
- Follow up on donor reporting : in charge of monitoring the reporting deadline, drafting narrative reports, seeking inputs from other Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) team members, reviewing and formatting report for Project Manager review, following up internally for additional clearances
- Support on Financial management of the projects
- Support on Monitoring and Evolution related tasks, with the Information Management officer: planning, training, data collection, data analysis and drafting of reports.
- Support on development of concept notes and project proposals
- Support on procurement related tasks and recruitment related tasks
- Any other reasonable task as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Provide day-to-day support to Field Protection Officer and other Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) field staff when encountering protection cases and oversee the referrals to internal and external service provider
- Be the Focal Point for the Feedback and Complaint Mechanism
- Support on protection mainstreaming throughout Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) activities
- Support the capacity building trainings of ICLA Amman and Field staff on key protection issues
- Support remotely field staff on implementing activities (information sessions, counselling, training…)
- Support on research project : carrying out additional researches, support in revision and fact-checking footnotes
Contract Period: [until 31 December 2019]
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
For more information, please find attached the Job Description