ICF is looking for our next highly motivated and innovative Project Management Consultant for our Postal Practice.
Looking for a role where you can use your organizational, analytical, and leadership skills? This is it! We need someone with strong experience in oversight for our quickly moving, ever-growing and changing projects here at the United States Postal Service. The qualified candidate will be ready to hit the ground running, utilizing MS Project to track timelines, goals, and deadlines. When this person comes to ICF, they’ll be working with everyone on the team to ensure that we have an eye on all details for success! We anticipate that once the candidate we have in mind is hired, they will be excited to gather and collate data into reports with MS Project as well as Visio and Powerpoint for professional presentations to teams and the client for further discussion.
This mid-level position requires expertise in documenting business processes and workflow, requirements gathering and analysis, delivery of executive level briefings, and follow-up on action items and issues. The ideal candidate should also be detail-oriented with the ability to deliver results within tight deadlines. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to help support the mission, business, service, and operational needs of the United States Postal Service, the most trusted brand in the country. This position is in Fairfax, VA / DC Metro area.
While we are still under restrictions, this role will be remote, but work will be performed on-site at a postal facility (Merrifield, VA or Washington DC) after restrictions are lifted. There is some possible telecommuting, but successful candidates will reside in the metro DC area with the ability to be on-site.
- Provide project management oversight to a variety of technology and process improvement initiatives
- Collect and analyze data and create reports
- Document business processes
- Prepare corporate technical communication materials, presentations, and executive briefings
- Facilitate meetings and workshops
- Participate and present data and information within meetings at all levels
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop expertise in postal practices and processes
- Follow up at all levels through professional communications for updates and gathering information to provide details on status
- Maintain detailed records in MS Project and Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree: STEM, or Business, Engineering, or IT-related field
- 5+ years of program/project management with analysis and reporting responsibility in a fast-paced environment overseeing multiple projects
- 2+ years of experience working with content data analysis, collation, and report development for project goals and milestones through data driven reports
- 3+ years of experience in PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, and Excel.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in project timeline management and oversight, working with teams at mid to C level, for process mapping and project management
- 3+ years demonstrated experience creating professional presentations and communications
- Due to federal contract, this role requires that you be US Citizen or Green Card holder. Must be able to obtain and hold Public Trust clearance.
What we’d like you to have:
- Postal (USPS) or mailing industry experience
- Previous project management consulting experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions, paired with a desire to take initiative
- Self-motivated, energetic, quick, adaptive learner
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain project plans, resourcing schedules, and forecasted activities
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under continually changing deadlines and priorities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)