CARE’s objective of this consultancy is to provide peer to peer fundraising expertise and project management leadership for Walk in Her Shoes, CARE’s new mass market fundraising initiative, to lead the revenue growth and integration required to achieve stated objectives within the timeframe and resources provided. This includes coordination of a cross-functional team including fundraising, global events, brand and communications, digital, finance, procurement, external vendors and CARE country offices. This is an outstanding opportunity for a proven, self-starting fundraising events leader.
Manage of all aspects of the Walk In Her Shoes national walk (March 8 – 14, 2017) under the direction of the Sr. Director, Digital/Direct Fundraising, and in partnership with the cross-functional team and volunteer leadership to help contribute to the overall $1.2 million goal through fundraising, volunteer management, data management, communications and evaluation.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Meets revenue goal of $500,000 for individuals fundraisers
- Supports corporate fundraising goal of $700,000 and corporate team recruitment and engagement
- Responsible for prospecting of new individuals donor participants, organizations and partnerships
2. Donor Cultivation
- Achieve revenue goals by identifying, recruiting, managing and stewarding volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
- Identify, cultivate and lead campaign volunteers, donors, teams and participants by developing and implementing campaign strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention
3. Data Management
- Partner with CARE teams and systems to maintain accurate records of all donors and participants
- Achieve solid command of database systems to track progress, run reports, input data, and register participants
- Work with event management software, DonorDrive, and other tools to track progress, forecast and identify prospects
4. Communications and Marketing
- Create email campaign journeys & streams using current in-house platforms (DonorDrive, Luminate Online and/or Constant Contact) and liaise with other functional leads for social media acquisition.
- Develop and write communications for a variety of media (e.g., emails, website, social media, marketing materials)
- Develop a suite of tools and assets for supports to engage and fundraise with their networks
5. Project Management
- Lead weekly cross-functional meetings. Follow up as needed to ensure action items are completed.
- Collaborate with other CARE teams (fundraising, web, global events, brand and communications, marketing, social media, external partners) to ensure integration and make recommendations to and adjust project recommendations, scope, timing, and budgets as needed to meet the overall objectives
- Maintain the Project Plan to ensure the event is delivered on time and within budget, adhering to high quality standards and meeting customer expectations
- Maintain the overall WIHS budget including working with Procurement on contracts and Finance on expenses
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the event, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, overall success of the event and suggest improvements
The Contract begins immediately and ends April 14, 2017