The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF
Foundation stands and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters : Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do : We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage : We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people : We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Project Care Lead serves as the primary contact for the Community Insights and Partnering team. The Project Lead Care enables CFF’s commitment to partner with the community by consulting with key stakeholders to solicit, integrate and coordinate community insights and involvement in groups and initiatives across the Foundation through committee recruitment, focus groups, survey projects, and other engagement best practices. The Project Lead supports the analysis and presentation of community insights to inform client priorities and programs.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solicit, integrate, and coordinate community insights and involvement in groups and initiatives across the Foundation through committee recruitment, focus groups, survey projects, and other engagement best practices.
- Educates and consults with internal “clients” on strategies to engage people with CF and other members of the community in their work and strategies to leverage the value of Community Voice.
- Partners with Data and Analytics team to propose strategies to engage patients in support of real world and patient-centered research goals, conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of research data and present data to inform insights and decision making.
- Work collaboratively to identify relevant existing data to inform new data collection in support of internal client projects and ensure results and insights from work are curated and included in data repository for future use and reference.
- Represent Community Partnerships and/or CF Foundations in meetings and events related to clinical care and patient care.
- Seek opportunities to share knowledge and insights in arenas external to the Foundation including peer organizations, professional meetings, and publications.
- Serves as project lead for assigned projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of related experience.
- Understanding of the basic research and drug development pipeline, and the overall research enterprise , including various clinical trial designs and real-world outcomes studies.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage complex projects.
- Experience with applied primary research and insight generation.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to plan and execute effective online meetings and discussions and the ability to develop and deliver effective, data-oriented presentations (Zoom, MS Teams, Excel, PowerPoint; data visualization tools).
- Knowledge of emerging strategies for patient engagement and community-based research methods.
- Understanding of the physical and mental health manifestations of CF.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data and make data driven recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively across departments.
- Ability to exercise judgement in identify risks to be escalated to Director, Community Insights and Partnering.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred .
- Reports to the Community Insights and Partnering Director. No direct reports.
- Standard office environment, travel, events/meetings, etc.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.