PATH Kenya is an organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH Kenya develops and scales innovative solutions and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
USAID Boresha Jamii aims to increase the use of quality county-led, county-owned, and county-managed health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC).
USAID Boresha Jamii will be implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga, in close collaboration with and in support of county health management teams and the Ministry of Health of Kenya. USAID Boresha Jamii will work in coordination with USAID and other host-county public and private partners, including the departments of health, children services, agriculture; non-governmental organizations (NGOs); community-based organizations (CBOs); and public health facilities.
PATH Kenya is seeking to recruit a Project Finance Administrator for USAID Boresha Jamii project to be based in Kakamega. The incumbent will report to Senior Finance and Administration Manager USAID Boresha Jamii project.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Review and approve requests for workshops and advances to support activity implementation
- Act as the custodian for organizational policies and procedures by always ensuring staff compliance.
- Analyze project expenses, pipeline and burn-rate, including sub-recipient financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis, review project expenses with FAM on a monthly basis.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to projects and partner organizations to ensure consistent, effective, and efficient compliance with project financial requirements
- Assist in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase orders, consultants and sub awards.
- Providing administrative support to specific programs in monitoring of project activities.
- Assisting in preparing and monitoring annual and life of project budgets.
- Tracking award agreements and ensuring compliance with spelt out agreement policies & procedures.
- Providing programs with monthly expense reports, labor reports and other project financial monitoring tools and making spending adjustments (re-classes) as required.
- Assist in building appropriate operational and financial systems to effectively receive, expend and account for donor funds.
- Timely review and processing of activities requests, travel advances, procurement request, operations and workshop expenses.
- Regular review of program-wide adherence to identified compliance issues (including financial reporting) intervening where necessary.
- Ensure that procurement by the project is carried out in accordance with donor and PATH requirements.
- Assist in preparation and follow up of VAT and Tax exemption on a case-by-case basis.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.