The Project Director (PD) oversees the day-to-day implementation of the RISE II project in Angola, including coordination of project activities with the National Institute to Fight HIV/AIDS (INLS) and other PEPFAR partners. Through clear project management and liaison with Country Director and country based staff, the PD will ensure the provision of effective and high quality assistance, aligned with project objectives, resulting in technically successfully programme implementation.
The PD reports to the Country Director, working in collaboration with the COP, DCOP, DPTS and Operations team, other internal staff and consultants and partners. The position is based in Luanda, Angola
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage relationships with donors and serve as the liaison to senior leaders in partner organisations.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for USAID/Angola mission for RISE II project. Lead project review meetings and provide proactive updates on RISE II Angola project performance, and work with Country Director to adapt project to respond to country mission priorities. Participate actively in USG partner meetings.
Programme Management and Delivery
- Lead the design, implementation, and expansion of m2m programme activities in Angola, including strategic innovations related to scaling up of geographical and technical scope, aligned to donor, MOH, and m2m priorities.
- Manage ongoing expansion of current m2m programming and oversee quality implementation of existing programme services through programmatic assessment and evaluation.
- Lead and provide technical oversight of the implementation, monitoring, and expansion of project activities, in line with USAID and MOH priorities. Lead the adaptation of Mentor Mother Model innovations for RISE II Angola programming and to remain aligned with national guidelines and policies.
- Ensure quality program implementation. Lead in a monthly analysis of supportive supervision results and other technical assessments; work with Technical Specialist, Provincial Managers and SI Manager to identify quality improvement priorities, capacity building and training needs, and develop capacity building and implementation plans to address gaps.
- Engage head office technical and M&E staff to provide technical oversight and guidance into project implementation
- Conduct supportive supervision as required to monitor site-level service delivery; support site-level QI processes as needed. Oversee preparations and follow-ups from PEPFAR SIMS visits.
- Provide guidance on best practices in the field of PMTCT and RMNCH as applicable to Angola.
- Lead review of technical documents, training materials and policy briefs in an effort to meet national and U.S. Government guidelines as well as international standards.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Lead regular analysis and evaluation of PMTCT data, state of the art innovations and programming and overall research agenda in close collaboration with DPTS
- Produce and lead in the submission high quality donor reports, record-keeping, and compliance to all relevant donor requirements.
- Lead knowledge management of latest developments, publications, research studies and other information generation activities being undertaken both in Africa and globally on PMTCT and related issues
- Maintain and share up-to-date knowledge and information with colleagues at the m2m HO and country programmes