ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews seeks a Project Director for a project focused on enhancing digital security and journalism skills capacity building to support civil society organizations and media in East Asia. The Project Director will play a critical role in leading coordination amongst partners, directing timely and effective implementation, and ensuring activities meet project objectives. The Project Director will also work closely with local partners to conduct baseline and endline assessments and collect Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data, which will be updated, analyzed, and validated according to the pre-established collection schedule for each indicator. The Project Director will monitor, review, and ensure the quality of M&E data from partner activities to ensure they are meeting deliverables and analyzing the effectiveness of their activities.
**Note: This position is contingent upon funding.
This position will function remotely for the foreseeable future as Internews reassesses in-person work in accordance with COVID-19 risk and health guidelines. Once in-person work resumes, there may be an opportunity for the candidate to work within one of Internews’ Asia offices. Please note that this will depend on a number of factors, including candidate location and availability of space.
Candidates should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated to align with those of colleagues in East Asia for the duration of the position, regardless of remote work location. You should indicate your current location and preference for remote versus in-person work during the interview process.
Whenever possible, we will work to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some particulars around the offer will depend on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to the position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the management and successful implementation of the project;
- Oversee sub-grants to partner organizations, including budgets, timeline and reporting, and to participate and assist in the completion of such tasks as required;
- Serve as the primary liaison between Internews and local partners;
- Make recommendations on programmatic and operational adaptations based on risk assessments and feedback from local partners;
- Ensure financial compliance oversight with Bangkok-based Finance Manager and timely spending of program budgets with the Business Manager and Finance Officer;
- Ensure top-level M&E and cutting-edge reporting are developed and maintained in coordination with regional and headquarters M&E staff;
- Prepare proposals/reports/budgets (write, edit, proof, revise);
- Prepare correspondence and reports from local conferences and discussion panels;
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives;
- Represent Internews at various conferences and events;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Five or more years program management experience, including experience managing closed state or special project workflow projects
- Second language relevant to the region is required
- Excellent cross cultural communication skills
- Experience working in the media sector with media organizations a plus
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience managing databases
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Native-level English fluency, to publishable quality
- Relevant university degree required