With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
This position can be based remotely or from any US EDF office.
The Project Coordinator will be a key member of the Enterprise Operations team, ensuring smooth operation of day-to-day activities and providing administrative support to the Enterprise Operations Leadership group. The Project Coordinator will develop and enhance systems that foster communications and will provide excellent organization and project management support for key initiatives within the Enterprise Operations team. The Project Coordinator is a new position at EDF and there is flexibility to shape aspects the role based on the interests of the individual in the position. The Project Coordinator will have exposure to diverse projects within the Enterprise Operations team and the ideal candidate is someone looking to start or advance their career in nonprofit operations. The Project Coordinator will report to the Manager, Enterprise Operations Projects.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills to coordinate activities and projects for the Enterprise Operations team.
- Provide administrative support to Enterprise Operations Leadership team, as appropriate, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, taking meeting notes, making travel arrangements, processing expense reimbursements, and submitting invoices.
- Support the implementation of, communication around, and maintenance of tools and documents to streamline Enterprise Operations project management, foster project flow, and maintain efficiency
- Manage other administrative tasks associated with staff, consultants and interns, including invoicing, logistics, office needs, and telecommunications.
- Maintain and update file libraries for team.
- Understand, and identify opportunities to support achievement of team objectives and key results
- As needed, assist with special projects that improve the communication, coordination, and productivity of the Enterprise Operations team.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and at least 2 years of relevant work experience or Master’s degree with 1 year of experience.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure.
- Experience in project coordination and excellent administration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive etc.)
- Experience with, or interest in learning, project management and collaboration tools such as Slack, Podio, and SmartSheet.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and background
- Interest in environmental advocacy and/or nonprofit operations is preferred.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.