PATH is currently recruiting for a Project Associate, Data Analytics to provide support to the rice fortification projects in the Family Health portfolio of the India and South Asia Program.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
About the program:
PATH has been a global leader over two decades working on rice fortification technology advancement, building evidence, and implementing in multiple countries. Many pilots conducted over the years by PATH demonstrated operational feasibility of distribution of fortified rice through safety net programs and open market in India.
PATH’s rice fortification program in India has already benefitted about 1 million people. It has the potential to reach 800+ million people in India, especially women and children through the government’s safety net programs, making it a viable tool for addressing vitamin and mineral deficiencies at scale. Scaling up rice fortification will therefore not only improve the health of India’s families and communities but improve the productivity of the country at large. The Government of India and other stakeholders such as FSSAI and NITI Aayog have acknowledged the importance of rice fortification and need to introduce it through various safety net programs in India. PATH additionally also has advanced and commercialized the Ultra Rice technology, filling an important market gap in the range of solutions for addressing micronutrient malnutrition. PATH’s Ultra Rice® technology packs vitamins and minerals into extruded rice grains made from rice flour.
Over the last few years, PATH has been a technical partner to the national government’s Food Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). PATH has played an imperative role in guiding FSSAI on the regulation for staple foods and is now working with FSSAI, its newly established Food Fortification Resource Centre (FFRC), and state governments to scale-up rice fortification in the government’s safety net programs. PATH is also supporting FFRC in developing a national repository on food fortification evidence and implementation tools including quality control and assurance tools. PATH’s advocacy with government has led to introduction of fortified rice in MDM program in several states including Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Chandigarh. PATH is also providing support in Delhi, Odisha, Haryana, Gujarat, Goa, Assam and West Bengal to initiate rice fortification program. PATH India team is also supporting scale up of rice fortification in Myanmar and plans to scale it up in Africa, Bhutan and other south Asian countries.
- Support PATH team and provide technical assistance to the data processing and transformation activities and overall guidance to the policy data architecture and model in various rice fortification projects;
- Collect and interpret data from multiple sources with the help of big data and its applications;
- Perform database management duties including collection, storing, retrieving and securing the healthcare data;
- Input, update, clean and verify project related data from source documents to MIS;
- Manage and work with stakeholders including government state leads and officers, private sector and PATH partners;
- Create dashboards and reports of analysed data for rice fortification projects of PATH;
- Synthesize insights from projects and develop knowledge management documents.
- Support the Family Health portfolio team in other data analysis tasks when required.