We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Project Assistant
Department/Location: Institutional Support, Washington, D.C.
Reports To: Senior Project Manager
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking a Project Assistant to work with the Global Health Technical Assistance and Mission Support (GH-TAMS) project in Washington, D.C. GH-TAMS, a five-year contract funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides USAID operating units working on health-related activities in headquarters and the field with access to high-quality technical, management, and USAID expertise to support health programs. GH-TAMS assists GH and missions with this expertise through short- and medium-term consultant services, supporting USAID’s global health strategic priorities.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in recruitment of consultants.
- Lead the logistics and support the onboarding of consultants. This may entail conducting employment verifications, completing reference checks, and drafting consulting agreements.
- Assist and arrange travel logistics such as securing necessary documents; coordinating with travel agent on flight and hotel arrangements; ensuring local logistics are provided.
- Provide administrative support to consultants throughout their assignments with GH-TAMS (receiving and reviewing invoices and travel expense reports, obtaining travel advances, etc.).
- Assist in drafting project deliverables such as Quarterly and Annual Reports.
- Manage project inventory.
Additional Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive electronic filing of project files, organized intuitively so others unfamiliar with the project can easily locate desired files.
- Provide document version control, editing, formatting, and review.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of work experience, preferable in international development or project management.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works well independently and in teams; pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving.
- Mastery of word processing, spreadsheets, database use, and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Knowledge and/or fluency of another language is desired, and in particular French or Spanish.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in international affairs, global health, political science, or related field.
Working Environment: Work is remote at this time though typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel: International travel is not required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).