Act: 73.05 – Project Approval support for Identification of Human Remains Activity
USAID Learns Background
Social Impact, Inc is implementing the new USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID understanding and tracking of projects performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
USAID has approved an “Unidentified Human Remains” activity to support Vietnam to analyze unidentified human remains recovered from the American-Vietnam war. This effort will support the development of advanced DNA techniques, biomarkers specific to the Vietnamese genome, development of appropriate bioinformatic databases to match remains with family samples, and deployment of expertise and training to increase numbers (throughput) of identifications. Ultimately, this activity aims to assist the Government of Vietnam to more rapidly reunite the remains of missing soldiers and civilians from the war with their families for proper funeral rights and interment. This activity directly supports the USAID/Vietnam CDCS Special Objective: Overcome War and Agent Orange Legacies.
To implement this activity, USAID/Vietnam has signed an agreement with the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) with an initial budget of is $2.4 million and implementation period from August 1, 2020 to July 31, 2023.
USAID requires technical support to attain Government of Vietnam (GVN) project approval for this new activity.
Specific activities to attain project approval include (but are not limited to):
- Develop work plan to achieve project approval.
- Desk review of key documents, including (but not limited to): ICMP award agreement, and recently revised project approval regulations.
- Consultation meetings with USAID, ICMP and GVN stakeholders to understand project approval document submission requirements and agree on GVN institution that will host/support project approval. GVN stakeholders include (but not limited to): Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Vietnam Office for Seeking Missing Persons (VNOSMP), Ministry of National Defence (MND), Ministry of Public Security (MPS), Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA), and the Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology (VAST).
- Technical meeting(s) with GVN stakeholders to understand project approval document submission requirements.
- Drafting required project approval documents and revising to reflect feedback from USAID and GVN stakeholders.
- Assist USAID in organizing a formal project launch event in Hanoi after project approval is obtained.
Consultant Requirements – Project Approval Specialist
- Experience writing official reports or correspondence requiring GVN review.
- Understanding of GVN project approval regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to diplomatically coordinate work between GVN stakeholders and international organizations, ideally on topics related to politically sensitive war legacy issues.
- Experiences coordinating initiatives across multiple GVN ministries, ideally related to issues related to war legacy.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and in-depth knowledge of the operating environment in Vietnam.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and spoken English skills are required.
- Initial four-month work plan.
- Monthly reports on stakeholder consultations and progress in attaining project approval.
- Draft project approval documents.
- Revised/Final project approval documents.
The anticipated level of effort is an average of 10 person hours per week over a period of up to 5 months.
The closing date for application: September 06, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible odkaz na blogu.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com. SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply.**
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.