PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multi-sector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH has been working to support local partners in Zambia for more than 15 years. Our current portfolio in Zambia includes work to support health care providers and communities to prevent and respond to malaria, NTDs, and TB, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities.
PATH has received funding from Bayer Cares Foundation to support the Ministry of Health assess and tackle the COVID-19 situation in the country. This is based on the backdrop that the MOH has identified priorities around capacity building and surveillance where PATH is well positioned to play a central role. PATH will leverage extensive expertise in Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) optimization, our Malaria Control and Evaluation Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) project and Living Labs to support MOH in define training approaches and actual capacity building and change management.
PATH seeks a Project Administrator for new project in Zambia who will lead the execution of projects to integrate and strengthen country covid 19 responses. The Project Administrator will provide financial and administrative support to a new award from the Bayer Cares Foundation in support of the Country’s Covid Response.
Budgeting and Financial Management
- Ensure Assist technical staff in development, management and monitoring of budgets for the project activities
- Prepare financial transaction documentation ensuring it is complete, accurate, and complies with applicable polices and internal procedures
Implementation Support Project Activities
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate project designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
- Facilitate processing of transactions by Zambia project team, liaising with Zambia Country Office financial management team for processing and generation of payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Work with the technical staff to plan and coordinate full range of logistics for workshops, meetings, & field work exercises; develop detailed budgets for activities using established formats; prepare financial reports of workshops, meetings, and field work exercises.
- Administer funds and maintain all documentation for assigned field activities including managing cash disbursements to meeting, workshop, and field work exercise participants.
Supervision and Coordination
- Maintain an active knowledge and understanding of PATH policies and procedures; seek out guidance from the relevant authority to resolve policy questions; and recommend changes to policies and procedures when appropriate and necessary.
Contract Management and Procurement
- Assist technical staff in the development and submission of documents for consultants, contracting, and procurements; monitor and report progress against contract and agreement SOWs, budgets, reporting, payment schedules and deliverables