Working Title: Project Administrator
Internal Title: IN PADM Officer
Location: New Delhi
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
We invite applications for the position of Project Administrator for the PATH Projects in India who will play an important role in supporting the overall administrative and financial management activities of various projects.
This position reports to the Senior Project Administrator.
The responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Prepare budgets for new opportunities/proposals.
- Tracking grant agreements and ensuring compliance with spelt-out agreement policies & procedures.
- Working with Grants and Contract and Legal Services in the issuance of subordinate agreements, review and editing donor reports, tracking sub-agreement deliverables, comparing results against stated project objectives, and tracking partner budgets.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase orders and work orders.
- Providing administrative support to specific programs in the monitoring of project activities.
- Assisting in preparing and monitoring annual and project budgets.
- Providing programs with monthly expense reports, labor reports, and other project financial monitoring tools and making spending adjustments (re-classes) as required.
- Independently communicate with donors as required.
Sub-recipient management and monitoring:
- Assist in developing, negotiating, and managing project subordinate agreements (contracts, sub-agreements, work orders, and consultant agreements).
- Conduct financial monitoring and assist with coordination and financial management of project sub-agreements in accordance with accounting principles, and donor requirements.
- Provide necessary training to sub-recipients, as and when required
- Physical verification of expenses of sub-recipient
- Ensure efficient burn rates and conduct variance analysis for sub-recipients’ project expenses
- Assisting partners to build appropriate operational and financial systems to effectively receive, expend and account for donor funds.
- Train partner staff to ensure all compliances are always met
- Regular review of program-wide adherence to identified compliance issues (including financial and narrative reporting) intervening where necessary.
- Ensure that all local, donor, and PATH policies and procedures: approvals are obtained; competitive bidding is used; all goods and services acquired effectively balance quality and price consideration as per PATH policy.
- Maintain commodity-tracking tools for specific projects.
- Maintain issue tracking tools for specific projects.
- Ensure compliance with local laws, donor agreements, and internal PATH policies about sub-agreements.
- Oversee and review the issuance of subordinate agreements including sub-recipient proposals and documents to assure compliance with PATH’s and the donor’s standard provisions.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly coded and charged to the correct project codes.
- Track planning, completion, and dissemination of project deliverables.
- Maintaining and monitoring project and portfolio pipelines.
- Prepare periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) financial reports in specific reports for internal & donor reporting and keep PATH financial systems always updated with reliable information
- Coordinate with the operations team for all financial/administrative processes for payment and ensuring compliance with local laws and PATH policies.
- Scrutinize and verify bills/invoices submitted by vendors, consultants, and contractors before releasing payment as per PATH policy
- Develop and maintain tracking sheets for ongoing payments that should serve as backup documentation for releasing installment-related payments.
- Prepare and manage project quarterly and annual budgets within the PATH system.
- Review and upload deliverables from sub-grantees to Sales Force to process payments.
- Work on deliverables as deemed necessary by Senior PADM & other Path leadership from time to time
- Scrutiny and verification of bills / invoices submitted by vendors, consultants and contractors before releasing payment as per PATH policy
- Timely review and processing of travel and workshop expenses.
- Arrange Meetings and Workshops as per project need.
- Making travel and other logistic arrangements for the project team.